Mlalazi School former students plans to build classroom block

Mlalazi School in Gokwe  South is moving to the new site.The Mlalazi Old Students Association has

mlalazi school

File Photo; MLALAZI Primary School students

planned to build a classroom block at the  school’s new site.The plan was announced by a team which attended the school Annual General Meeting (AGM) at the school on Thursday.The association is seeking support from the parents so that they achieve their goal.

‘Takawirirana kuti tisimudze block remaclassroom.Ndihwo urongwa huripo tisingavimbisi rimwe basa kuseri  kweirori reblock, zvakare tisingarambi kuti kana mari yatendera tigona kuzoita basa kuseri kweiri”[We are working on the project to build a classroom block for now,but when funds are available we are looking foward to go for another project], read the statement to parents.

The school has been relocated due to erosion as it was built on the Sengwa river bank during the revolutionary struggle in the 1980s.Erosion has threatened the school structures.Mlalazi school serves 10 villages with some children travelling for more than 5km to attend school.So far there is no structure visible at the new site except for bricks and stones which where there for quite a long time.There is also need for a water borehole at the site.

The meeting was attended by the ward councillor Mr Mateta and Member of Parliament Mrs Mhangami who promised a tent donation for Grade 0s. Although the meeting went on well there was scenes of trying to politicise the meeting by some of the former executive committee members who could be heard touting political party names of which the parents pretended as they heard nothing.Elections were held which saw the former students and young parents being put in positions of authority in the school development committee(SDC).

The parents blessed the project by the former  students and pledged their support.The Former student are now on the ground to mkobilise the resources so that their dream may come true.They are also calling other school’s ex-studentds to join them.Organisations who are willing to donate towards this project are also welcome.

Advertisements

Chireya women feasts on dead relative’s body parts

THERE was drama in Ndangara Village under Chief Chireya in Gokwe, Midlands province when two women allegedly connived to eat body parts they had harvested from a body of their male adult relative at a funeral wake.

The incident occurred last week when the two women whose names could not be immediately established were accused of removing eyes, cheeks and private parts from their deceased relative’s body. Chief Chireya confirmed the incident saying he has since summoned the duo to his traditional court to answer to the allegations.

“I can confirm that we have summoned two women from Ndangara Village to the traditional court after they were accused of harvesting body parts from their relative’s body before eating them.

“It is alleged that the two women were sleeping in the kitchen hut where the body of their deceased relative was kept awaiting burial.

“They ordered fellow relatives to switch off the lights. It is alleged that the two women then removed eyes, cheek and private parts from their relative’s body.

“The matter came to light the following day during body viewing when other relatives discovered that there were some body parts that were missing,” he said.

Chief Chireya said the two women were then implicated since they were the ones who slept in the kitchen hut with the body.

“When I asked the two women they both accused one another of eating the body parts. I have since hired a traditional healer to help the family know what transpired and who exactly is a culprit between the two women,” he said.

In a video seen by Sunday News the two women are seen accusing each other of having played a part in the heinous act.

SUNDAY NEWS

Virus-free. www.avast.com